Lubumbashi Climate & Temperature
- Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic Of The Congo is at 11°40'S, 27°28'E, 1276 m (4186 ft). See map.
- Lubumbashi has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lubumbashi is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 21 degrees Celsius (69.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7 °C (12.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 26°C (78.8°F) on average falling to 9.7°C (49.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 30.7°C (87.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 15.7°C (60.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27°C (80.6°F) and average low temperatures are 17°C (62.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 27.3°C (81.2°F) during the day and lows of 14.7°C (58.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1287 mm (50.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1287 Litres/m² (31.57 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2784 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Lubumbashi you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Lubumbashi Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Lubumbashi Climate Graph in Metric Units
Lubumbashi Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic Of The Congo Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: